Welcome to One For All, A role playing forum based on My Hero Academia! We're a super chill site. If you're looking for a place with a nice welcoming community and a relaxed set of rules and leveling system, we're the place for you~ Be sure to read through all the informaton and also join our discord and say hello! We're still in the process of building the site so everything is in the process of being changed. If you have any issues, suggestions, or comments we'rd love to hear from you!
credits skin by roux, content by staff, all characters/writing/content belong to the members of one for all.
1. Be respectful to other roleplayers! We’re all here to have fun, just keep it calm and be polite with everyone involved.
2. The website is rated PG-13. If you want to roleplay something that goes above that limit(sexual and/or extreme content), take it to the DMs on Discord.
3. We do not tolerate spam and plagiarism. “Spam” refers to large amounts of posts of unrelated content, chat or advertisement threads in areas marked for roleplay, or flooding threads with messages without waiting for others to reply. “Plagiarism” refers to taking someone else’s creative work, be it art or creative writing, and claiming it to be your own creation.
4. Do not godmod, powergame or metagame. Don't understand those terms, read up on this link for god-modding, this link for powergaming and this link for metagaming summary and examples.
5. You can have two characters to start. However, if you want another character you must have at least 20 posts with your latest before making a new one, to help encourage activity. There is no cap on maximum characters, as long as you remain active.
6. If you come into serious conflict with another player OOC, attempt to solve it politely and peacefully. You can ask site staff to intervene, but this should be a last resort.
7. Although plot progression is encouraged, please be cautious! This is not a hard rule, but at times it can be jarring to drag other PCs into a plot they had no interest in participating in or knowledge of. Make sure everyone is onboard with anything major.
8. Playing two of your characters in 1 thread: As long as all PCs in a thread consent to it, and you are not godmodding for an unfair advantage, you may post as two characters you own but please make sure all dialogue is from separate accounts. You MUST have at least one other player in your thread to use more than one character.
9. One character per account. Please make a new account per character you make. No OOC accounts are nessesary, they are only for staff.
10. You are free to do most things in your backstory to meet your desired plot. However, plots to do with influential canon organisations that vary greatly from the canon work (that exist also in our AU verse) will need not to diverge too far away from how they are depicted in the anime/manga.
The main organisations are: National Governments, U.A High school and Hero Association as a whole.
They are not to do any illegal testing/experimentation on humans, or any inhumane things that would be considered as grossly breaking the law or human rights. Though we are an AU board, we feel it would not be true to the theme of the material we are based on if these organisations were not, mainly “good” in their goals and intentions. National Governments could have commissioned testing regarding quirks etc, but please keep them to humane and legal levels.
Private companies, organisations etc are free game and you may do what you wish with them within reason.
If you are unsure if an idea you have would be ok, please don’t hesitate to ask any staff here or on Discord.
1. For the most part, combat is just an extension of normal roleplay! There are just a few extra guidelines to ensure your battle goes smoothly.
2. The rule against godmodding and metagaming stands. Basic things like not being able to dodge all the time, and no auto-hits unless you first asking the other rper.
3. Everything you do takes energy! RP your weaknesses just as much as your strength.
4. If issues come up, attempt to solve them with the other roleplayer, but if necessary, contact staff and they can give a final say on what they see as reasonable from a third person perspective.
5. To facilitate an easier flow to combat in threads, while conducting actions in your post, players should try their best to keep their attacks/moves limited to ONE or at most TWO actions in single post. This does not include a single counter action to any attack done to them the prior post by another character.
Example: Player A blocks Player B’s punch (Counter action), then fires a fireball at Player B’s chest (one attack) and throws a knife at Player B (second attack).
If a AOE attack that has a telegraphed direction but no exact pinpoint movement for each object, it will count as one attack. If they are pinpointed, they will count as many attacks as there is flying objects.
Example: Player A fires 10 fireballs generally to player B’s direction (One attack)
Player A fires 2 fireballs which home in on player B, one aiming for their leg, other to their head. (Two attacks)
During a Non-Event Player Character Thread it is up to all players to decide how they wish to conduct their fight. While the staff advises both players to keep it to this format, it is ultimately up to all participating parties in that thread to decide how they wish for their fight to flow.
However, there will be NO exception to this rule during an Event Thread. Given the high volume of individuals, keeping things as simple as possible will generally help move things along and cut down on confusion.
1. The intent of NPCs is not to drastically alter the setting. Although NPC heroes and villains can and do exist, they are meant only to add more to the story, not to substitute for actual players and their characters.
2. In addition to the first rule, NPCs cannot do things for you: i.e, you can’t go on a mission only to have an NPC do all the work for your character.
3. NPCs are allowed in the character chats, so long that is logical that they would, in character, have access to said chat.
4. For recurring NPCs or those of importance, it’s recommended you add a file on them to the NPC directory! It isn’t required, and you don’t need to wait for them to be approved, but it can be a useful way to keep that information stored and visible for other players. This is largely for NPCs who will interact with characters besides your own regularly to give other players a reference point.
5. You cannot use someone else’s NPC (when they are specific user created npc) unless they specifically give you permission.